Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hammer...Meet Nail

I once had a boyfriend whom, I learned later, was a malignant narcissist. When I met him, he made himself into the man of my dreams. Romantic, sweet, with a real desire to help his fellow man. He was just the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. My friends all loved him. Animals and children liked him....but when I realized that everything was a lie and tried to end the relationship, I stepped into the seventh circle of hell. I've never seen such a glib liar in my life and it took me longer to rid myself of him than I had had him! But that's a story for another day...

My point here is that a malignant narcissist can shape him/herself into whatever it is you want them to be...for a while. Once the jig is up and you realize you have been conned, the malignant narcissist will turn on a dime and give you 8 cents change.

The Anchoress has a post in her wonderful blog today that analyzes some pictures of President Obama. She stops short of actually saying that Obama might be a malignant narcissist, but the pictures and her astute analysis of them certainly point the reader in that direction.

Having dealt with such a personality in my own experience, I can see the parallels as well and it's striking. Obama even said it himself that he was a "blank screen" that others could project their hopes on....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope I was not her old boyfriend that the Duchess of Austin speaks, as I have always been kind, and thought I was the man of her dreams at one time, and never lied to her all the time we lived in Memphis. If you, Duchess are actually who I think you are, you might contact me?
I enjoyed reading your posts so far, nevertheless. D.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Duchess Of Austin said...

I'd be happy to contact you if you tell me who you are. I did indeed live in memphis at one time and had numerous boyfriends *giggle* in my youth there....which one were you?

Pleas feel free to contact me since you posted as annonymous and I can't contact you first.

Duchess

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home