Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Day is Over

And the Democrats swept into power.

Of course, I'm not happy about it, but I don't think my life is going to change all that much. The lives of the Iraqis, though, may be changing a whole lot....already Donald Rumsfeld is gone, and I'm sure this is just the beginning of cut and run. Why don't these people understand that our reputation as a country that keeps it's word is at stake, as well as the lives of millions of people who trusted that the US would keep it's word? Who would trust us in the future? Or is keeping your word an anachronism from another time? When somebody's WORD meant something?

I can see the writing on the wall, and I'm writing this down for posterity, as well as a reference point when everything goes to hell. I really don't think the Libs understand that cutting out of Iraq will make us look, not only stupid, but weak, and evidently they're ok with weak. The terrorists LOVE weak, and they hate us with a passion I don't think the fat, happy American public understands, and they're determined to destroy our way of life. Misery loves company, and they're envious of our well-fed, wealthy, liberal culture. Cutting and running from Iraq will leave a vaccuum that the Islamist theocrats will jump right into, and the middle east will become the jumping off point for attacks against us and Israel.

I also think this will open the door to more events like 9/11. The libs will kill all the programs that have helped us track and thwart other attacks, catch terrorists and their paymasters, and they'll let the sun set on the Patriot Act. Evidently they're ok with sacrificing a US city to a dirty bomb before they'll wake up and understand. Oh well, I guess I'm fortunate that I live in a city that won't go up in the first wave....and I won't be moving to Chicago, LA, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Washington DC, Boston or NYC anytime soon.

I hope I'm wrong. Desperately.

1 Comments:

Blogger linearthinker said...

...I guess I'm fortunate that I live in a city that won't go up in the first wave...

You might wish you'd gone in the first wave. There's no high ground, Duchess.

This election isn't a catastrophe. It's just a building block toward catastrophe.

Somebody wake me up. Please! I'm stuck in a nightmare, and it keeps getting worse.

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home